Howdy everyone! Here I am, day 1! Are you all as excited as I am??? I'm writing this post from the Pittsburgh airport; I've got about an hour before my flight to Newark departs, so I thought I'd take some time to share some things with you!
I managed to get everything out in two bags and two carry-ons (one which is primarily SNACK FOOD). My two suitcases are 48 and 44.5 pounds respectively... Go me! I just hope I can get them from the airport to my dorm when I get to the other side of the pond!
It was sort of a pain to get myself checked in; the kiosk scanner didn't want to scan my passport, and the guy sort of looked at me like he thought I was an idiot for not being able to scan it. Oh well; I got the bags on the plane and I got a boarding pass, so that's all that really matters.
I stopped before I left home and got a sandwich from The Italian Bread Place, so I have plenty of food. I also have some chips and candy and granola bars (thanks grandma!). I'm all set for this flight! Still, I can't wait to get this show on the road... The waiting is killing me. I'm also realizing I'm using WAY too many exclamation points.
I wish I had some pictures to show you all of my luggage; I'm pretty proud of how much I shoved into those two bags, considering I had several textbooks to bring. I just wish I had been able to bring my crocheting with me in my carry-on, but I couldn't find one of those pendants for cutting the yarn with, so I had to pack it and it'll have to be an evening project. But I have lots of fanfiction and a couple books queued up in my bag, so I think I can make it.
When I land in Belfast my amazing friend is going to come and meet me... We'll probably do brunch or something, and she's going to make sure I don't get lost on the way to the bus stop. It's great to know people all over the world!
Well, I'd better sign off before my battery dies here; I've got a heck of a wait otherwise. I'll catch you all on the flipside (and maybe update again in Newark, since I'll have lots of time to kill.)
Ciao!
Tatyanna
Hey, I am Mary's friend from Ga. I am looking forward to following your progress in this new journey. I must say I am really looking forward to hearing about your learning to spin your own yarn as I also spin. I am still in the learning stage myself, and need to get back to doing it. I raise my own Angora Rabbits and have some fiber that needs spinning now. I hope you find spinning to be as enjoyable as I do, it's very relaxing.
ReplyDelete