Hey everyone!
So this is just a quick drop by to say hello. It's been a busy day!
First, to fill you in on the rest of Sunday. I found an ASDA, which is like a walmart but littler. I got some groceries for 14 pounds (that's like, 20~ dollars?) I got some shampoo and conditioner for 44p TOTAL! That made my day. I also got some plums, some apples, some NUTELLA(!!!!) and other sundries for lunches and whatnot. I took some pictures of my room; as soon as I get them edited I'll upload them.
I'm currently stuck with McDonalds wifi; the hospital doesn't want to let me have a passcode. So I'll be checking email, but this update will probably be less often. Sorry! :(
Anyway. Today was my first day at the hospital. EVERYONE is awesome. My FE is named Suzanne, and she is really sweet. The other OT in the department is Aoifa (pronounced 'effa'), and she is also really awesome. They both promised to get me into town for groceries if I need it.
Suzanne and her husband have also invited me to their home on a few weekends so I can get out of the nurses accommodations (the dorm), get some REAL food, and some reliable internet. She has promised to show me the countryside, and her husband owns a restaurant. She's promised me a 'real Ulster fry'. Can't wait!
Her parents have also invited me to see them; her father says he will take me to a football (read: soccer) game, and her mother says she'll teach me to make scones! I'm thrilled, to say the least.
I met some of the clients at the day hospital and worked on an art group. The local artist who helps run the group is really neat and really supportive of all the clients. I think I'm going to have a good time there.
I also get to work on the acute care ward; all the nurses and doctors I've met so far are really nice too. I really am looking forward to getting to know everyone. Apparently KNITTING is the big craft on the ward right now, Suzanne tells me some of the ladies will happily teach me to knit. It just keeps getting better and better!
My alarm clock fried last night; I had to head to ASDA today after work to get a new one. Nothing sucks more than being TOTALLY paranoid that you're going to be late for your first day of work! But I managed not to be, and I got a shower too. Score!
I also bought an electric kettle today. Yay tea!!!
It's sort of hard sometimes, deciphering the accent. More the dialect, really. It's 'wee' this, and 'it is that', and 'you call these 'candy', right?' But still everyone is really accommodating, and lets me think through things. I can't wait to dive in tomorrow!
Okay well it's a walk back to the hospital and it looks like it may rain. I'll update as soon as I can, and next time, pictures!!
Cheerio!
TT
No comments:
Post a Comment