Hallo everyone!!
Well, I'm back again, but I'm afraid I don't have pictures for you. :( I'd hoped to get some up for you today, but my bootleg internet from McDonalds just isn't fast enough. Sorry. :( So next weekend, since this weekend I'm staying at hospital. But next weekend I should be headed to Suzanne's house, and she's graciously offered to let me use her internet. Yay!
So an update about yesterday and today... Yesterday I went to my first ward meeting. Listening to all the different disciplines talk about all the clients, so everyone's on the same page. It was interesting, but a real challenge for me because I still don't have all my accents or slang down. But I'm getting there, and by the end of the meeting I think I was taking decent notes. Suzanne says that by the end of my time I'll be going to those myself.
We also had a BAKING group yesterday! Had a bit of a problem solving moment when we added too much digestive biscuit (sort of like a graham cracker), and ended up having to compensate with the butter and sugar. In grams. From ounces. Man. But we managed!
Today we took some clients out to the mall in Belfast, so that meant I got to see a bit of the countryside! That was pretty awesome. The mall was... just a mall, haha. But the countryside is so pretty!!
I also LEARNED TO KNIT!!!! (THANKS SUZANNE.) This morning at group things were pretty slow, and we were all just chatting anyway (as I've learned is typical of a Wednesday), and so Suzanne said that if we were just chatting, I might as well chat and knit. And so I did. :) I still add stitches magically (I went from 20 to 41 stitches per row and I've NO idea what I did), but I've got the basic movement down, which is GREAT.
Ok well I have to get shopping now, before the shops close (it's about 7:15 PM here, or 19:15, and the shop closes at 21:00.) I'll post pictures when I can, and I've got a half day Friday, so look for a new post then!
Cheerio!
No comments:
Post a Comment