Hi everyone!
So it's been a heck of a week. Soooo sorry I've not been posting; I haven't really had internet access, and I admit, I forgot when I was in McDonald's last to come in and give you a post.
SO. What's new? Well, last Tuesday I found a garden on the campus of the hospital. I don't know if I've mentioned that, so, sorry if I'm repeating myself. It was LOVELY. I had a nice little 'dander' around. They had a little labyrinth, some statuary, and lots of lovely flowers. I'm planning on going back this week as well; it's a lovely place to relax. They also had some 'fairy houses' and other things... I can't wait to show you all pictures!
This past weekend I went to see an ice hockey game, that was great fun. It was the Belfast Giants vs. the Edinburgh Capitals, and Giants won 8-1. My new friend Hannah and her family had me over for dinner, and then drove us into town. Afterward they insisted that I come to theirs again for tea and biscuits (very common), and that I check my internet things, too. :) Then they drove me back, and they've invited me up on another day as well, which will be nice if I end up going.
This Friday was rather sad. We found out that Aoife, the other OT who has been working with us, has been assigned to another location. This means that I've taken on a lot of her duties; I'm leading groups several times a week now. Terrifying? Yes. Awesome? Definitely. I'm learning a lot and becoming much more confident, and everyone on the ward is really brilliant. I am having a great time.
In other news... I've never eaten so much toast in my life. Breakfast? Toast and Nutella. Tea time? Toast and jam. Dinner? Beans on toast, or fry on toast, or, well. Things on toast. Seriously. I eat so much bread! But it's fab, really.
Also, eggs are really expensive. I bought six the other day, for £1.42, which works out to be about 3.00. For six eggs. Ridiculous. But the cheese is fab, and I'm eating a lot of sandwiches.
Not sure what else to pass on, really. Going to Giant's Causeway this weekend, and possibly learning to make scones (pronounced 'scons'). We'll see what else happens, and since I'll have internet (THANKS SUZANNE) I'll see if I can't get another post up with some pictures. :)
Well I love you all... I'll talk to you soon! Cheerio!
TT
No comments:
Post a Comment